Rishworth Aviation is proud to associate with the Moroccan airline, who are championing equality in the flight deck with the recent release of a video covering the journey of two of their female pilots across the Atlantic to New York City.
As Royal Air Maroc celebrate their 60th anniversary this year, the video features Captain Bouchra Bernoussi and First Officer Jihane Bidass during their round trip flight from Casablanca to New York. As the first female pilot for Royal Air Maroc, Bernoussi was appointed long-haul pilot in command and a ground operations director in June 2014 and has been flying since 1980.
Captain Bernoussi and First Officer Bidass. Photo courtesy of www.justplanes.com.
About the Airline
Royal Air Maroc is the national carrier of Morocco with its headquarters on the grounds of Casablanca-Anfa airport. The airline serves a vast network of over 90 destinations, 56 of which are international and flies to 17 cities within Morocco and 11 cities in France; it also operates routes to twelve other countries in Europe. Royal Air Maroc is rated as a 4-star airline by Skytrax, only one year after being awarded with a 3-star rating – recognition of massive efforts by the airline to enhance its level of service and quality in record time. This distinction has propelled Royal Air Maroc into the spearhead of major international companies in the African continent.
Rishworth Aviation has a long-standing relationship with Royal Air Maroc, having been the airlines' exclusive crew provider for 14 years.
30 x Boeing 737-800, 4 x Embraer 190, 4 x B767-400, 1 x B747-400, 5 x B787-500.
Top 10 Things to do in Casablanca
1. Check out the beautiful Hassan II Mosque, a fine example of pure Moroccan architecture
2. Take a cultural tour around the city and into the desert outside of the city
3. Visit the Quartier Habous, the best souq (market) in Casablanca - a traditional Moroccan shopping experience
4. Take a local tram, a wonderful way to explore the city - modern, clean, fast and cheap!
5. Spend up large or window-shop at the high-end Morocco Mall
6. Go for a peaceful beachfront stroll along the Boulevard de la Corniche, dotted with seaside bars and restaurants
7. For a different shopping experience in the old part of Casablanca, visit the Old Medina of Casablanca, with your bargaining skills at the ready!
8. One of the best kept secrets in Morocco, go for a swim at relaxing Ain Diab beach
9. Take in the peace and calm of the Notre Dame de Lourdes church, with its stunning stained glass windows
10. Enjoy the culinary delights that are famous worldwide for their flavour and spice: Tagine, B'ssara, harira and refreshing, sweet fresh mint tea