HeliSpirit Head of Maintenance B1.3/B1.4 LAME (Australia)
Kununurra, Western Australia
Other - Helicopter Turbine Multi Engine
- CASR Part 66 B1 Aircraft Engineer Licence
- Experience working on the following: Bell Jet Ranger, Bell Long Ranger, Robinson R22, Robinson R44, Robinson R66, Eurocopter AS350B3 Squirrel
- Management experience within Aviation Maintenance
Rishworth Aviation is pleased to be recruiting for an experienced Head of Maintenance for our Australian based client, Helispirit.
HeliSpirit provides charter, contract and tourism services supported by its own maintenance facility. The fleet consists of approximately 25 aircraft and includes AS350, B206, B206(L), R66, R44 and R22 types.
This role is based in Kununurra, located in the iconic Kimberley region, offering excellent work-life balance and a range of outdoor activities in a family-friendly community.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Head of Maintenance is responsible for all maintenance carried out by the company.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Carrying out aircraft and component maintenance.
- Ensuring that all activities are conducted in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner to the standards required by the regulatory authority and client requirements.
- Ensuring all maintenance personnel are assessed and appropriately authorised to perform maintenance tasks in accordance with their qualifications, experience and training in conjunction with the Head of Quality & Safety.
- Ensuring that the policies and procedures detailed in the company Maintenance Organisation Manual (MOM) reflect work practices and advise the Head of Quality & Safety when alternations and improvements can be made.
- Planning for upcoming maintenance and allocation of resources as required in conjunction with the HAAMC/Maintenance Planner, including manpower and the provision of tooling, equipment, materials and data for that work.
- In conjunction with the HAAMC/Maintenance Planner, ensuring that all regulatory, manufacturer and company maintenance requirements are complied with in accordance with current approved data/instructions for continuing airworthiness (ICA).
- Liaising with Stores Manager to prepare estimates (quotes) and to ensure the procurement and/or availability of stocked parts and consumables for planned maintenance tasks.
- Ensuring that management and/or the customer is always kept appraised of any delays and expenditure over and above the current work scope.
- Liaising with the HAAAMC/Maintenance Planner and the Maintenance Coordinator to ensure all aircraft records are updated in accordance with CASA requirements.
- Monitoring staff for performance.
- Liaison with the Quality & Safety Department on matters relating to company policy.
- Providing positive direction and leadership to the maintenance team and delegating responsibility when required.
- Responsibility to represent the maintenance department during internal and external audits.
- Adhering to the Safety Management System, including the reporting of hazards, incidents and accidents.
If this sounds like your next challenge and you have the relevant skills and experience, please click here to apply.