About Our Client
They respond above and beyond! For over 35 years, our client has been saving lives, speeding recovery and serving the community. They’re service-oriented, dedicated first and foremost to theirr patients, responsive and respectful of the needs of all stakeholders. They work in unity, integrating diverse teams across geographies to achieve their shared mission. Leading the way in delivering clinical and operational excellence whilst remaining agile, flexible and open to ideas, quick to serve, embrace change and adapt to new situations.
Our client operates with integrity, to the highest ethical standards and fairness to all. They’re profit for purpose. Funds earned and raised go back towards delivery of services, so they can continue to respond above and beyond to the needs of our patients, communities and customers.
Due to the expanding volume and scope of aviation activity, our client has an emerging requirement for a dedicated touring Aircrew Officers (Rotary Wing) to support operations in Northern Australia conducting HEMS and SAR.
In this role key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that all matters pertaining to aircrew duties are undertaken according to company policy and procedures
- Ensuring rostered shifts are conducted as required by the roster
- Undertaking shifts at locations as required by the roster
- Ensuring secondary non-flying duties are undertaken as allocated from time to time by the Rotary Wing Department managers
- Undergoing Air Crew Officer training, as required or requested by the Rotary Wing Department managers
- Aviation operational proficiency and fitness is to be maintained as stipulated by the company
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Minimum 500 hours as a Helicopter Aircrew Officer
- Certificate IV in Aviation (Aircrewman) including winch qualification
- BK117 or AW139 ACO endorsement
- NVIS competency and experience >50hrs
- Front Left-Hand Seat ACO experience.
- Current CASA Class 2 Medical
- Previous SAR/EMS experience with a minimum of one (1) year full-time civil experience
- Demonstrated understanding of CRM, Risk Management and Safety Management Systems
- Current Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET)
- Demonstrated experience with computing systems such as Microsoft Office, Air Maestro, Electronic Flight Bag applications such as Oz Runways and moving map systems
The following will be highly regarded:
- Previous T&C experience
This position is also open to international candidates - Australia is a great place to live and work!
Our client values diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with our client’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing.
Criminal Record and Working with Children Checks also apply.
All employees must comply with our client's immunization & vaccination policy.
Please note unfortunately only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.