Our client is a leading Fixed and Rotary Wing Aviation Services company providing turnkey charter solutions in the Oceania region supporting a wide base of passenger and freight requirements for both private and corporate services.
They are currently looking for an Aviation Safety Specialist who will take on the responsibility of the professional management and coordination of the Aviation Safety Management System (ASMS). Being part of the Group Safety & Compliance team and reporting to the Group Director of Safety & Compliance, the successful applicant will be responsible on behalf of the Corporate Group, and respective AOC Accountable Managers, in accordance with the Regulatory Requirements and other applicable standards.
This role will be based in Australia and travel, both internationally and domestically, will be expected. A competitive and well-rounded remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.
Responsible for the management, coordination, and administration of an effective Aviation Safety Management System (ASMS) for the Corporate Group and the respective AOC’s to aviation regulatory authorities.
Ensuring that the ASMS complies with the privileges and scope of the Aviation Regulatory Approvals held, and as identified in the respective Regulatory Approval Certificates and Expositions.
Maintaining the ASMS and FDM/FDAP Documentation.
- Support Safety Occurrence Report management through the facilitation of Daily Risk Assessment Meetings (DRAM), monthly AOC Occurrence Review Boards (ORB), as well as being the Secretary for Quarterly AOC Safety Review Boards (SRB).
- Management and/or coordination of ASMS activities such as Aviation Safety Investigations, ASMS Audits & PSOE Assessments, ASMS Communications & Promotion, ASMS Training, Risk & Hazard Registers, Change Registers, Objectives and SPIs, Safety & FDM Analysis and Reporting, Emergency Response Plans, FDM/FDAP Programs, LOSA Audit Programmes, Aviation Security Programmes, etc.
- Continuous Improvement of the ASMS.
- Ensuring all ASMS activities are accurately recorded, and records are maintained in accordance with all applicable Aviation Regulations.
- Providing a focal point for ASMS advice, support, and guidance.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar capacity at a group-level.
- Possess technical Qualifications such as an AME License, Flight Crew License, Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace/SMS, and/or extensive relevant experience in ASMS.
- Incident Investigaton Qualification will be a hard requirement.
- Lead Auditor qualifications would be ideal but not a differentiator.
- Tertiary-level management qualifications would be advantageous but not required.
- Expert-level knowledge of Aviation Safety Management System principles and practices.
- Theoretical and practical application-level knowledge of AOC Operations.
- Expert theoretical and practical application-level knowledge of aviation regulations.
- Demonstrable people and culturable change management experience.
Please APPLY NOW if you are interested with your latest up-to-date CV. Do note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.