Located at Shellharbour Airport, NSW, Australia - our client provides comprehensive and expert maintenance, modification, and support services for a broad range of fixed wing aircraft.
In preparing for stronger tourist trade in 2022, they are expanding their team and have an exciting opportunity for experienced candidates to apply for the position of Chief Engineer.
This is a fulltime position operating Monday to Friday, with very minimal weekend work, and is a fantastic opportunity to join a professional and energetic company.
With an attractive remuneration package, a great working environment, long term career opportunity and a commitment to world-class results. Relocation allowance and engine training course/s available to suitable candidates.
Interested applicants will need to show strong organisational and leadership attributes, a high degree of professionalism, a commitment to safety and a willingness to perform to a consistently high standard.
Ideal candidates will hold a CASA Part 66 B1 License, have experience working on Cessna 208 Caravan’s (of which we maintain a fleet of eighteen throughout Australia), preferably with Pratt & Whitney PT6A or Garrett/TPE331 experience. Proven experience in GA or corporate maintenance, and knowledge of Microsoft Suite and related aircraft maintenance database systems will be highly regarded.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and supporting the maintenance operations and providing an elevated level of leadership to staff.
- Planning, organizing, and conducting aircraft maintenance, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation requirements.
- Ensuring quality control is maintained with regard to CASA And WH&S requirements.
- Consulting with customers, manufacturers, sub-contractors, and suppliers alongside consulting with CASA as required.
- Overseeing labor systems, best practice skills, and costs associated with all maintenance conducted.
- Foster a culture that inspires elevated levels of safety, performance, and employee satisfaction
- Commitment to being part of a collaborative organisation seeking continuous improvement.
- Mentor engineering staff to develop / hone their critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Management and oversight of the Procedures Manual and other regulatory documents.
Key Attributes Required:
- B1.1 Licence with Pratt & Whitney PT6A or TPE331 engines (Small / nonrated aircraft) with General aviation experience.
- Ability to achieve required activities with minimal supervision and possess wonderful time management skills and a strong eye for detail.
- Ensure safety of work processes and equipment to maintain a safe work environment.
- Strong leadership, communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Covid Vaccination
ONLY CASA LICENCE HOLDERS WILL BE SHORTLISTED
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a growing organisation, dedicated to providing quality service to our customers. Additional type training will be provided to the successful applicant. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience and are eager to continue building your skills, we would love to hear from you. All applications will remain confidential.