Our client is a leading Fixed and Rotary Wing Aviation Services company providing turnkey charter solutions in Papua New Guinea supporting a wide base of operations from Oil and Gas to Mining activities.
They are currently looking for a Chief Pilot who will take on the responsibility of managing all Fixed Wing Pilots, Flight Crew, and Flight Attendants. Reporting directly to the Country Manager/Country CEO and working within the Fixed Wing Flight Operations Department, the successful applicant will be responsible for the conduct of the respective fixed wing air operations, including the flight operations and supporting ground operations of the Fixed Wing fleet in accordance with both regulatory and organizational requirements.
This is a position on rotation with company housing, flights, transport, meals, and laundry, provided at base. A competitive and well-rounded remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.
- Ensuring that flying operations are conducted in accordance with applicable air legislation and company manual and in accordance with the company’s licences.
- Establishing and keeping current the company technical library containing all the required operational documents and publications for Fixed Wing Flight Operations.
- Maintaining the Company system of flight crew administration and in particular a proper system of record keeping and rostering to facilitate observance of crew flight and duty time limitations and to enable monitoring of flight crew qualifications, licensing, and limitations.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient rostering of all Fix Wing Pilots and to ensure a system of progression is in place to support the retention of key individuals.
- Assist the Training and Checking Captains
- Establishing and overseeing a system of check and training for company pilots, other air crew, and appropriate ground staff to include check of pilot proficiency in normal and emergency procedures on each aircraft operated; and the provision of crew emergency training and dangerous goods awareness training
- Liaise with the Authority in respect of all matters concerning the company’s FW operations.
- Appointing lead pilots for contract, projects, or remote operations as appropriate.
- Ensure all corporate information is captured within the Company’s business systems adhering to Recordkeeping policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities including but not limited to being part of the budget team.
- CASA/ICAO license for the type of aircraft assigned to and/or the ability to acquire in a timely manner.
- Preferably rated on the ATR 42/72 and minimum of 5000 hours with a minimum of 3000 hours in command.
- Exceptional candidates in a similar managerial capacity on twin turboprops but non-rated on ATRs may also be considered.
- High level computer literacy skills in the Microsoft package of software.
- Mature and responsible individual who is capable of working under pressure.
- Able to cope with clients and adhere to schedules under trying conditions.
- Prepared to travel to other locations within the company.
- Adaptability to dynamic work environment in light of changing needs and a non- Western culture.
Please APPLY NOW if you are interested with your latest up-to-date CV. Do note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.