Our client is a multi-award-winning regional airline, with significant operations in some of the most iconic regions of Australia. Part 135 operation with in-house aircraft maintenance facilities, they have approximately thirty aircraft including Beechcraft Super King Air, Cessna Citation Mustang, Cessna Grand Caravan, Pilatus PC-12’S and both twin and single piston engine aircraft. Due to growth within the company to include Part 121 operations, they are expanding their fleet to include Dash 8-Q400 aircraft. The business is founded on the twin principles of safety and service. Safety is key and leads through to delivering the best service to customers.
About the role
The Flight Operations Safety and Quality Manager will report directly to the Head of Safety and Quality and forms an integral part of the Safety and Quality team. The primary purpose of the role is to oversee all aspects of the Flight Operations Safety and Quality Management Systems, encompassing the coordination of the flight surveillance and flight data analysis programs. The role will work directly with the management team to meet the operational requirements and will be supported by the Safety and Quality team.
Key Duties and responsibilities of the role include
- Provide an environment which supports the principles of safety as a core value through the development of a culture that is a safe and healthy
- Deliver a risk-based approach to safety and quality management that identifies and effectively manages risks within Flight Operations and assures a proactive approach to risk analysis and mitigation
- Maintain a flight surveillance program and be responsible for the operation of the Flight Data Analysis Program
- Responsible for the continued establishment and management of Flight Operations Risk Register
- Maintain an effective hazard and incident reporting framework based on ‘Just Culture’ principles and personnel engagement
- Accountable for the monitoring, effectiveness and recommendations for improvement of the Flight Operations Safety and Quality Management Systems
- Ensure all elements of the Safety and Quality Management systems are understood and function effectively and the Group maintains a healthy safety culture, meeting all safety and quality KPI’s
- Identify any ongoing safety and quality training requirements
- Conduct and/or coordinate Flight Operations incident and accident investigations to determine causal factors and recommend preventative actions
- Monitor industry standards including legislative requirements and make recommendations to improve Safety and Quality Management Systems
- Participate in Safety and Quality Flight Operations related to internal and external audits, including preparing audit reports and raising and closing findings in a timely manner.
To be successful in this role
- Hold or have held an Australian Transport Pilot Licence or equivalent
- Formal Lead Auditor accreditation or equivalent
- Aircraft accident / incident investigator or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years industry as a pilot
- Flight check and/or training experience
- Excellent technical report writing abilities
- Significant aptitude in analytical and problem-solving skills
- A demonstrated understanding of risk management principles and techniques to support a proactive Safety Management System
- Demonstrated ability to be firm in conviction and promote a ‘Just Culture’ in an open and non-punitive environment
You will be offered:
- An attractive salary
- Personal development opportunities to grow in a diverse, inclusive company
- A great team environment
- Salary Sacrifice / salary packaging benefits
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your relevant qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.