Have a fantastic career in Aviation and live the lifestyle you’ve always wanted!
With the New Zealand Southern Alps on your back doorstep you will have the best of both worlds enjoying everything this beautiful part of the world has to offer – hiking, skiing, fishing, kayaking, mountain biking, vineyards and breweries, a lifestyle like no other.
Our client is a CAA Part 145 Wanaka-based aircraft maintenance company. It's part of an Australian publicly-listed adventure tourism company and has specialised in light fixed-wing aircraft and helicopter maintenance since 2006.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer to join the hangar team. This role offers lots of variety, focusing on the maintenance and repair of piston and turbine engines, fixed-wing and rotorcraft (Bell 206, Robinson and Cessna Caravan).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out a high level of aircraft maintenance tasks. This includes, dismantling, inspecting, testing, repairing and reassembling aircraft engines, components, airframes, avionics or electrical systems
- Maintaining a high quality of workmanship
- Liaising with clients on maintenance work and completion timeframes
- Maintaining a clean and safe workplace, facilities and equipment
- Compliance with CAA and health and safety standards
Due to this role being a safety sensitive position and in a safety sensitive location, a pre-commencement drug and alcohol test will be required before starting employment.
You are a Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer with at least 2 years work experience, who is self-motivated, an innovative thinker and has outstanding problem-solving skills. You can work well under pressure and can met deadlines.
You will have:
- General Aviation experience. Ideally but not essential, prior experience and rating on Group 1 & 2 Aircraft, Group1 Rotorcraft, Honeywell TPE331 & PT6A
- Experience in maintaining a high standard of record keeping and work packs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have a strong eye for detail
- Strong communication skills and can work under pressure
Benefits and perks
- Competitive remuneration
- Great staff discounts on mild to wild activities across Australia and New Zealand
- Employee referral program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Reward and recognition programs
- Training and study assistance provided
- Career pathways developed to get you to the next level
Don’t miss out on joining a leading company that welcomes innovated ideas and is dedicated to providing quality services. If you are ready to escape the ordinary, apply now.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Our client is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.