Rishworth Aviation is proud to partner with RwandAir, the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. Rwandair are seeking to fill the position of Head Flight Operations Training (HOT), and Rishworth Aviation are now accepting interested, qualified, and competent candidates.
Contract and Benefits:
- Attractive pay & allowances
- Commuting opportunities with travel provided
- Free global health insurance
- Senior Captain, ATPL holder
- Type rating & TRE/SFI authorisation on B737NG, A330, CRJ900 or Q400
- Three years of relevant training experience, in line with responsibilities outlined below
- Instructions skills course
To manage all Flight Operations training and testing in accordance with company and regulatory policies and standards. To provide the framework for training policies, standards, and resources. To ensure that Conversion, Command and Refresher programs are completed to company and regulatory standards, and to monitor recurrent training for flight crew.
The Training Manager shall be or shall have been a senior captain holding or having held an appropriate type rating and TRE/SFE authorization for any aircraft operated by RwandAir. To identify the training requirements within the Department and ensure that it is accomplished in a timely manner. To implement procedures and training strategies for the adherence of Fleet Managers, Examiners, Instructors, and Pilots.
- Act as the crew liaison officer for the FDM program
- Primarily responsible for the Protection of the de-identified FDM data.
- Review abnormal operations events and determine the cause.
- Review and evaluation of high-severity events to determine whether additional follow are required and produce a detailed report to support the investigation.
- Coordinating with the Head of Flight Operations Safety and Fleet Managers to ensure FDM findings are validated and assessed and addressed with appropriate follow-up action.
- Liaise with Flight Data analyst to analyses
- Prepare, produce, and disseminate identified FDM analysis reports.
- Review of FDM data parameters to ensure relevance and accuracy of the parameter as per the aircraft Flight Manual
- Responsible for the management of the Flight Operations Training Section
- Responsible to train pilots to the RCAA-approved standards and requirements.
- Responsible for the preparation of Operations Manual Part D.
- Responsible to train all flight operations personnel to the RCAA-approved standard and RwandAir policies and requirements.
- Monitor all RCARs regulations related to crew training and directives and always ensure compliance.
- Ensure that the section’s processes and procedures are developed, documented, distributed, and monitored for improvement
- Provide clarity on the roles and responsibilities of the training section teams by ensuring relevant objectives and KPIs are cascaded to monitor performance and productivity;
- Execute flight operations training curricula for all types of aircraft operated by the company taking into consideration the latest operating techniques, experience & instructions from the regulatory authority
- Manage all flight crew training personnel and ensure the standard of instructions given by all instructors meet the set standard of competence.
- Recommend potential Check and Training personnel to the Director of Flight Operations, in co-operation with Chief Pilot and all relevant flight operations section heads.
- Responsible for the supervision and completion, of the indoctrination for all Flight Operations staff.
- Responsible for monitoring flight operation events and identifying problems that may require the provision of extra training or making changes to the training program.
- Ensure that all training facilities used are duly approved as required.
- Ensure that training services, provided by third parties, are compliant with RCAA and RwandAir standards.
- Coordinate/plan Line training in consultation with the Fleet Manager for scheduling and monitoring its implementation to ensure early line-ready dates for pilots under training. This includes supernumerary, supervised line flying, all route checks, license renewal, instrument rating checks, and special checks as required by the Flight Operations department.
- Chair the Training Review Board and make recommendations to the Director of Flight Operations, as required, on matters such as appointments, promotions, demotions, etc.
- Assist the DFO in the establishment of quarterly and annual performance goals for the department and direct reporting staff.
- Be a member of the Upgrade, Appeal, and Review Boards.
- Carry out any additional duties assigned by the DFO
- Ensures reported hazards and occurrences that occur during operations are investigated and corrective action put in place.
- Member of FOSAG and FSTD / ATO SAG review committee and attends meetings
- Member of the Airline Safety Committee.
- Ensure the Integrity of the Air Operator’s Certificate
- Member of Cabin Safety Action Group (CSAG)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & presentation skills;
- Strong Organizational, planning & Analytical Skills;
- Proficiency in the use of IT;
- Be able to develop manuals.