About Our Client
Proudly a 2023 HRD 5 Star Employer of Choice. For over 37 years our client has been saving lives, speeding recovery and serving the community. They’re service-oriented, dedicated first and foremost to their patients, and are responsive and respectful of the needs of all stakeholders. They lead the way in delivering clinical and operational excellence whilst remaining agile, flexible and open to ideas, quick to serve, embrace change and adapt to new situations.
Our client operates with integrity, to the highest ethical standards and fairness to all. They’re profit for purpose. Funds earned and raised go back to serving the community, so our client can continue to respond above and beyond to the needs of their patients.
As a key member of the engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of dedicated professionals, be part of a leading aeromedical organisation and enjoy a roster that provides work / life balance. Reporting to the Engineering Base Manager, this role will be responsible for coordinating and performing all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on our aircrafts.
Other key responsibilities include:
- managing the timely completion of maintenance and engineering activities;
- carrying out maintenance of aircraft components;
- supervising unlicensed engineers and/or contractors as and when required;
- completing maintenance documentation correctly;
- maintaining aircraft and engine log books;
- maintaining aircraft within the scope of all licencing requirements control and procedural manuals;
- raising matters of non-compliance with CASA regulations and our client's policies and procedures with appropriate personnel;
- adhering to practical steps to ensure safe practices in the workplace, identifying hazards and using the Safety Reporting System; and
- maintaining personal tools and tool boxes in accordance with the Maintenance Procedures Manual.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- CASA Part 66 B2 AME Licence.
- Team player approach to work but able to work autonomously effectively.
- Ability to problem solve and provide workable solutions.
- Well organised and self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to work with staff and crew from varying work groups and levels.
- Display a professional, service-orientated attitude.
- Willingness and ability to be deployed to remote locations to carry out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Willing to work 7 on – 7 off shifts of 10.5 hr days
The following will be highly regarded:
- CASA Part 66 B1/B2 AME Licence on Kawasaki/MBB BK117-B2 (LTS101), Bell 412 (PT6T) & Airbus Helicopters BK117-D2 (Arriel 2E).
If you want to work with the most advanced integrated aeromedical service and one of the most reputable charitable organisations in Australia and value unity, excellence, integrity and service, then we want to hear from you.
This position is also open to international candidates - Australia is a great place to live and work!
Our client values diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with our client's Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing.
Criminal Record and Working with Children Checks also apply.
Please note unfortunately only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.