Our client is a leading Fixed and Rotary Wing Aviation Services company providing turnkey charter solutions in the Oceania region supporting a wide base of passenger and freight requirements for both private and corporate services.
They are currently looking for a Quality & Safety Compliance Officer who will take on the responsibility of maintaining the quality & safety compliance for our fixed-wing fleet in accordance with both regulatory and organizational requirements.
This role will be based in Australia. A competitive and well-rounded remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.
- Assist the Quality and Safety Manager in the conduct of incident and accident investigations.
- Conduct initial review and processing of all safety occurrence reports entered into the Safety Reporting system.
- Coordinate incident investigations as directed by the Quality and Safety Manager.
- Assist the Quality and Safety Manager to implement and maintain continuous improvement initiatives and risk management program.
- Deliver Quality and Safety related training and induction programs to staff.
- Assist the Quality and Safety Manager in the preparation of monthly reports.
- Assist in the execution of Drug and Alcohol testing in line with the company DAMP Policy.
- Update DAMP Test register accordingly with monthly tests conducted.
- Fulfil the role of Senior DAMP Testing Officer.
- Prepare and distribute Safety Alerts based on identified trends.
- Monitor and distribute occurrence reports in line with CASA incident reporting requirements.
- Assist the Quality and Safety Manager in the conduct of Safety Action Group and Safety Review Board meetings.
- Be and advocate of the organization's Quality and Safety Management Systems.
- Participate in facilitating toolbox meetings.
- Monitor and track QAS safety equipment for calibration (e.g., breathalyser machines).
- Update and maintain QAS registers.
- Assist the Quality and Safety Manager in the conduct of internal audits and supplier audits.
- Maintain audit schedule for both internal and external audits. ensuring that information is regularly reviewed, updated and reports are distributed in line with company audit guidelines.
- Conduct initial review and processing of all internal audit findings.
- Coordinate, as directed by the Quality and Safety Manager, the follow up of internal audit responses.
- Coordinate and maintain the Air Maestro database for the tracking of critical equipment such as fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, electrical testing, breath testers and ensure that testing and maintenance is carried out prior to expiry.
- Prepare and distribute Safety promotion material.
- Prepare manual amendments and liaise with Document Controller accordingly.
- Prepare manual amendments and submissions to CASA.
- Other safety related duties as directed by the Quality and Safety Manager.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in aviation quality and safety management systems and practices.
- Must have completed a recognised Internal Auditor or Lead Auditor course with a proven track record in the completion of audits.
- Knowledge of aviation Safety Management Systems (SMS).
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Incident investigation knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work within a rapidly changing and diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
Please APPLY NOW if you are interested with your latest up-to-date CV. Do note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.