Our client is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Quality and Safety Manager. The role will be placed on an equal FIFO roster (28 on/28 off or 42 on/42 off, (dependent on Home Airport distance from Base) with all travel, accommodation and meals provided for.
The position is primarily responsible for the management of the Aviation SMS as part of the AOC, and AMO Quality management on behalf of the CEO, and for the provision of Health, Safety, Environmental oversight. This is a dynamic management role in a complex aviation organisation which provides contracted fixed wing and rotary wing aviation services to the mining, resource and oil and gas sectors.
- The implementation, stewardship and continuous improvement of the Safety and Quality Management Systems and associated documents.
- Appraising the CEO of deficiencies in the Safety Management System that affect safety including reporting audit results, findings, trends and areas of potential concern for management review.
- Work closely with Flight Operations and Engineering management to support the business in the Safety and Quality area.
- Monitor and review levels of Quality and Safety conformance.
- Exercising the right of direct contact with the CAA on matters directly impacting on safety.
- Ensure safety occurrence investigations are carried out and conducted in accordance with the procedures in the SMS and in line with CAA regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain the internal and external audit program including procedures for the identification of non-conformances and monitoring, implementation and completion of corrective and preventative actions.
- Undertake duties of Contact Officer and Testing in accordance with the Group Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP).
- Ensuring safety committee meetings are appropriately staffed, recorded and conducted on a monthly basis.
- Promoting awareness of safety, quality and customer requirement throughout the organisation.
- Administer and maintain the Company Safety Management Database System.
- Proven successful experience in a similar position within aviation, preferably within a Part 121 or Part 145 organisation.
- Ability for FIFO arrangement on 28/28 or 42/42 roster
- Ability to gain appropriate Work Visa
- Ability to gain Aviation Security Identity Card
- Advantageous to have exposure to both Aviation, Resource and OGP sectors.
- Qualifications and/or experience in Aviation SMS, Quality Assurance, Lead Auditor and HSSE practices.
- Demonstrated management skills, particularly in managing complex organisational projects.
- Demonstrated high level of written ability in areas such as preparation of reports, correspondence and procedures manuals.
- Proven experience in asset management and in the supervision and direction of staff and contractors involved in works.
- High level computer literacy skills in Microsoft suite and ability to learn new reporting applications as per Company standard.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please submit your application by 15th December, 2022.