Our client is a leading Fixed and Rotary Wing Aviation Services company providing turnkey charter solutions in the Oceania region supporting a wide base of passenger and freight requirements for both private and corporate services.
They are currently looking for a Base Manager (WA) who will work closely with the Senior Management to manage the base in accordance with the business directions and company policies. The position is to contribute at a strategic, commercial, and operational level to statutory compliance and company policies, business, and management decision-making.
This role will be based in Perth and will require relocation. A competitive and well-rounded remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.
- The Base Manager is responsible to the CEO for effectively and efficiently carrying out the duties and responsibilities within the agreed business strategy of profitable growth, plus internal and external compliances. This includes being responsible for the most effective and cost-efficient operations in line with contract compliance.
- To directly assist and advise the CEO in formulation of policy and in the determination of strategic matters, forward planning, and initiatives relevant to the management and development of the Base.
- Managing company facilities including administration offices, engineering spaces and hangars as applicable.
- Manage the base to meet On Time Performance targets in line with contract requirements.
- Develop plans through coordination with the Commercial department in relation to advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personnel selling and sales management.
- Identifying and developing business opportunities within Western Australia for both Fixed and Rotary Wing aircraft.
- Develop, nurture, and improve customer relationships to benefit from effective relationship marketing and client communications.
- Gather and Analyse current market trends and practices as well as develop marketing strategies with existing and new market segments.
- Work with customers to develop commercially viable and cost-effective solutions and manage improvements in profitability through business development opportunities.
- Coordinate all functions including Safety and Security to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, policies, standards and practices.
- Responsible for incident reporting, follow-up, support investigation and closure.
- Assistance with department managers with staff appraisal, development, ongoing training programs and motivation.
- Experience in a similar capacity with demonstrated success in scaling a business upwards will be highly regarded.
- Proven leadership ability with strong sales and customer relationship building skills, including building a positive and professional work culture.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex organization-wide projects in a multicultural environment.
- Strong ability in the preparation of written reports, correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Proven experience in the management of assets and on the supervision and direction of staff and contractors.
- Excellent track record on the high standards required regarding quality, safety, and security.